No products in the cart.
Crispy fish with chili sauce recipe
It’s Napa here. Today menu is crispy fried fish top with chili, sweet and sour sauce. This recipe is the Thai’s favourite. I like to make it at home for my family because it’s a great sharing dish.
I fried the fish in the most traditional ways. It’s better if you have outdoor kind of kitchen, because the oil will bounce off the pan quite a bit. A lot of people choose to use a fryer, or a pot fryer but here in Thailand we just use a pan.
Here is the link about how to fry a fish? I also include tips and duration: Link to the post is here
I hope you enjoy this recipe! and don’t forget to let me know in the comment below, what you think?
Thank you and have a great day!
Crispy fried fish with chili sauce
- 670 g Fish – I use Tilapia
- 110 g Large Chilies – chopped into small pieces
- 20 g Garlic – chopped into small pieces
- 65 g Shallots – chopped into small pieces
- ½ C Sugar
- ¼ C Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Fish sauce
- ½ C water
- 1 Tbsp Cooking oil for making the sauce
- Frying oil for frying the fish
- Coriander for garnish
- Fry the fish follow this method https://pananapa.com/how-long-to-fry-a-fish-fry-a-perfect-fish-in-thai-style/
- To make the sauce, add 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan, over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and chilies and stir-fry until fragrance.
- Add sugar, fish sauce, water and vinegar. Let the sauce simmer until the liquid reduce to half of the amount.
- Spread the sauce over crispy fried fish and garnish with coriander. Served as a sharing dish with steamed rice in Thai style.