No products in the cart.
Morning glory vegetable is one of the post easy to cook and popular vegetable of Thailand. I this post I will write a simple, yet delicious recipe for you to try.
A quick note, another name of Morning Glory is Water Spinach.
Morning Glory recipe
Stir-fried morning glory
- 1 handful bunch of Morning Glory
- 1 Tbsp garlic Pressed with your knife and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chilies Minced
- 1½ Tbsp Soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp Soy bean curd (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Cooking oil
- A pinch of sugar
- Prepare morning glory by clean the vegetable well and shake a little to remove the water.
- Pick the vegetable with your fingers. You will hear the “pop” sound. Usually it will pop well on the top and middle part of the stem. When you get towards the end it will stop and you will feel that it doesn’t crack out and rather tough. That means, that part is to discard. This is the special technique from Thai kitchen. Don’t use a knife to chop because you won’t hear the “pop” ?
- Put the morning glory on a plate and top with garlic and chilies, ready to stir-fry.
- Make the sauce by mixing soy sauce, sugar and soy bean paste
- Stir-fry over high heat and add stir-fry sauce. Add a little bit of water to give the dish some juice.